Staines Charity Pancake Race
Since its inauguration in 2007 the Staines Charity Pancake Race has raised over £12,800 towards the running costs of Staines Shopmobility. The support of the business community has been key to this and has brought real benefit to people with limited mobility, wishing to visit the town.
The service has been used over 40,000 times during this period, enabling people to access products and services offered by businesses such as yours. This has brought much needed revenue into the town; statistics show the average Shopmobility user spend per visit is £80. This figure does not include money spent by friends or relatives accompanying Shopmobility members.
The Pancake Races are held in Staines High Street on Shrove Tuesday, with team registrations beginning at 1pm and races commencing at 1.30pm. Teams race over a course 80 yards in length, stopping to toss the pancake at the halfway point, in a relay format.
Added attractions include childrens’ rides and a sweet & savoury pancake stall. There is always plenty to amuse the kids so please come along and help support your local charity!
Ways to support Shopmobility
- Become one of the 3 main race sponsors at a cost of £150.
- Enter a team of 2 runners at a cost of £30 per team (you may give more if you wish).
- Race entrants can obtain sponsors and use Gift Aid to raise additional funds.
- Enter & collect sponsorship or make a donation at Virgin Money Giving. http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/charities/stainesshopmobility
- Donate a prize; this could be in the form of vouchers, tickets or material goods.
- Supply an attraction for the event.
Download your forms here:
Benefits of participating
The Staines Charity Pancake Race offers an opportunity to promote your business within the town whilst supporting the local community. Benefits include:
- Town centre event located in the High Street offering the facility to distribute information on promotional offers, goods and services.
- Fancy Dress to visibly promote your company on the day.
- Inclusion in press articles advertising the race.
- Positive PR showing your commitment towards an equality of opportunity for disabled and elderly people wishing to visit Staines.
- All supporters listed in the Race Programme.
- Sponsor’s details and company logo featured on all race literature including race posters and leaflets.
Each team will participate in at least 2 races before losing teams start to be eliminated. Prizes will be available for best fancy dress, runners up and winning teams. All participants will receive a certificate of appreciation for their efforts in supporting the Charity.
Fundraising is vital to the Charity’s future survival and the Pancake Race is a great way for you to show your support for the local community. We hope that you can participate in the next Pancake Race and look forward to working with you to make the event a resounding success!
Pancake Race Winners
2011 Virgin Active
2012 Virgin Active
2013 Everyone Active
2014 Virgin Active
2015 Everyone Active